The ORHA Board, in consultation with the Show Managers, has reviewed and updated the classes offered at sanctioned shows. These changes include adjusting eligibility to meet the current requirements of the memberships, amalgamating core classes in keeping with NRHA programs, and streamlining outdated offerings for smoother scheduling at shows. The newest changes to the class list are outlined below. We expect these changes will better serve the needs of all members and provide for a more cohesive show schedule.
- Open to all riders regardless of skill level.
- Membership with ORHA or NRHA is not required.
- No longer a Year-End Award class.
CLASS: GREEN AS GRASS, BEGINNER, ADVANCED BEGINNER
- Replacement class will be NRHA Green Reiner 1, NRHA Green Reiner 2, ORHA Green Reiner
CLASS: NRHA GREEN REINER 1 & 2
- Follows NRHA Green Reiner rules as per NRHA
- NRHA membership is required
- ORHA membership is required for Year End Awards
CLASS: ORHA GREEN REINER
- Follows NRHA Green Reiner 2 rules
- ORHA membership is required
- This is a ORHA Year-End Award Class
CLASS: ORHA YOUTH & GREEN AS GRASS YOUTH
- Replacement class will be ORHA Rookie Youth.
CLASS: ORHA ROOKIE YOUTH
- Must 18 or younger and may not have earned more than 25 Youth points as of Jan 1 of the competition year.
- ORHA Membership is required.
- Runs concurrent with NRHA 13 & Under and NRHA 14-18 Youth Classes.
- Rider may show one or two handed, however two handed riders may not cross enter into NRHA Youth classes.
CLASS: GREEN HORSE
- Open to any level of rider
- Restricted to horses who have not competed in reining events for more than 2 calendar years, and whom have zero NRHA money as of Jan 1 of the competition year.
CLASS: OPEN, INTERMEDIATE OPEN, LIMITED OPEN, ROOKIE PRO, NOVICE HORSE OPEN 1 AND NOVICE HORSE OPEN 2
- ORHA Year-End points/ earnings no longer tabulated on Horse/ Rider combination but on the horse only regardless of the rider.
If you have any question on these changes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.